Been away for a few days. No computer service...both bad and good! :) I spent some time catching up this morning...with me and Him. In Ann's writing she speaks of "chronic soul amnesia" pg 106. Wow, that is me so often. I know, I file it away, I say I will never forget, and still. On the other hand, I sense this is part of the beauty of being His. He does keep me close and close enough to bring back all He wants me to have and remember on the tip of my brain. Certain moments trigger a smile and I do not always feel so guilty now about forgetting His direction in some moments. The other day, my husband and I were waiting to hear if new health insurance was secured for us. I fussed all morning waiting to finalize. Then out of the blue I felt these hands on my shoulders saying..."ok, NOW give it to me." I ran and literally looked in the mirror at myself and chuckled. "Good one, God. I should have done that first, given it all to You...and I didn't...and now I am!" Problem resolved an hour later.
Sounds mundane and simple and is exactly all of that. For me a moment I won't forget. Yes, I am "chronic" and I am closer to Him and it's good to be His.
I started the day wanting to just SEE Him. I think I just did. Must be because "today...I am His favorite child." You are too, my dear sisters. Feel "favorite" today, "because you see, you are."
Missed you,
Watch for a blessing today! :)
Marylou
2 comments:
I'm so thankful to have checked our adventure...words I needed to read.
I know I'm His favorite because He gave me strength and a happy heart today ~
Discipline-its her call to us over and over again and yet its what we all struggle to get back to. It's nice to have your thoughts when I come back :)
Post a Comment