(Italics = AV’s words)
First refreshing my thinking by listing the words that resonate in my heart from this chapter, 5.
“the gigantic secret of the Christian,” joy hiding in the gratitude…
Fully live!Live fully!
Joy is always worth the wait, and fully living is worth the believing
Dare to celebrate innumerable endless gifts!
Daily discipline is the door to full freedom (argh! That explains a lot.)
Evil is that –a hole in the goodness of god. And the last paragraph on p. 88 provides me much to ponder, but I love the last sentence. “Above the clouds, light never stops shining.”
Perspective – how we see. TRUTH for sure!
Can you believe that I tenderly, tirelessly work all for the best good of the whole world – because My flame of love for ou can never, ever be quenched?
Without God’s Word as a lens, the world warps. (indeed it does, and quickly!)
It is suffering that has the realest possibility to bear down and deliver grace. And grace that chooses to bear the cross of suffering overcomes that suffering. I need to breathe…So God transfigures all the world?
--mourning and dancing are but movements in His unfinished symphony of beauty.
So, the first week of this school year is over. My bone-tired body is proof of survival and reminder to be thankful. Without the Eucahristeo “lens,” the week is easily world-warped into a blur of madness. I think eucharisteo…and the lens of His Word…and there was beauty and grace and a reason to fall gently and joyfully into a discipline that the school year provides. My challenge – not letting the school year take over my spiritual disciplines or my entire life. Hold on to the joy and to the discipline…realize that the time spent with my loving Father/God will provide the strength I lacked this week…when my Bible was not opened and my thoughts were filled with ohmygoodness how will I ever do this? With God’s lens…I know this is possible and this is my purpose. I sat in church this morning and was incredibly thankful for the solace of my church family and the beauty of His grace I left filled with.
So, grace, I am learning and relearning, requires my acceptance. Acceptance requires acknowledgement...and while grace is ALWAYS there for us, for me, it might be through discipline that I am most able to accept it and live in it...
3 comments:
So thankful for your thoughts and the reminder of the need and beauty of discipline. As the weeks continue to compell our minds and hearts it is good to remember to breathe and to pray and to work for things about the sun. Today's message was from Soloman's Ecclesiates and the reminder that all things under the son come and go in a season but God's love, truth and beauty remain.
Peace dear friends.
So thankful for your thoughts and the reminder of the need and beauty of discipline. As the weeks continue to compell our minds and hearts it is good to remember to breathe and to pray and to work for things about the sun. Today's message was from Soloman's Ecclesiates and the reminder that all things under the son come and go in a season but God's love, truth and beauty remain.
Peace dear friends.
sorry for the double comment-still not sure how to comment with grace!
Post a Comment