http://www.cokesbury.com/forms/DynamicContent.aspx?id=17&pageid=50
This is the link to info about Disciple Bible study...and I was (am) a bit of a junkie...done them all... (I think? ) some of them several times... grew my faith and my ability to trust ... enriched my life incredibly...made wonderful friends...learned and learned and learned into the mystery...that's the short version...
Disciple was one of those times when God spoke very clearly to me. Here's the short version of one of those incidents...John, our pastor at the time, asked if I might be interested in leading Disciple...my first reaction, no thank you, but having just recently finished one of the studies I said...I can pray about that. Still fearful...and having tiny Emma still nursing I took the out and said I really couldn't go to the training and leave Em and she was old enough to not be a quiet tiny bundle sleeping most of the time so...thanks for thinking of me - and John said...there's a training in Canton, you don't have to be gone over night. And (like Marylou) I heard in my heart very clearly - "There. Is that clear enough for you. Do this. " And I did and it was awesome. Praises to our great God.
I think one of the things I love most about Disciple is that it is never about someone else's answers...it is about learning to be God's. Blessed to be a blessing...
No comments:
Post a Comment