Wednesday, July 13, 2011

from Lisa

I am excited and not just a little nervous because growing is hard, its so much easier to stall and stand still but that is not what God wants so who better to grow with than a group of like minded, God loving people.
Jesus you're all this heart is longing for, its so true as I sing it on Sunday mornings, it becomes my prayer, my mantra but as Voskamp points out on page 17 "the rest of the week, the days I live in the glaring harshness of an abrasive world? Complete loss of central vision. Everywhere, a world pocked with scarcity. I hunger for filling in a world that is starved."
My hunger is my loss, my kids are grown, my husband gone, my parents dead, my siblings estranged, no match for me on my own futile search and I can't fix it not any of it. As Voskamp says on page 16 "Losses do that. One life-loss can infect the whole of life. Like a rash tha wears through our days, our sight becomes peppered with black voids. Now everywhere we look, we only see all that isn't: holes, lack, deficiency."
So I heal my soul and remember the promise of Ephesians 3:20, 21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus thoughout all generations, for ever and ever" Amen
But still I try to fix me, its so hard to let go, to really let go and let God be in control but I will try again and again and again.

1 comment:

traci said...

Lis ~ not sure if I've told you this, but I've been reading Philippians 4 nearly daily...I read somewhere that it is good for our mental health...and it is. Know that when I look at your life I see such grace and great faith, even with loss and that is such a testament to who you are to the core...faithful and following.