Hello All,
I am excited to join this adventure with all of you. I suspect even though we all do not know each other, we most likely have much in common. Women at Christ's knee often do.
I am almost 65 years old. That alone frightens me as did 55 and did 45. Good grief, 15 was a nutty time. I am however seeing that, surprise of all surprises, with age does come wisdom from experience. I see myself standing on the edge of a wonderous divide looking back on some amazing things that can and were only from God! Even in my losses and disappointments when I "tantrumed" and fussed and whined, God NEVER let me go. He was clear that I could choose to walk away from Him, BUT He would never walk away from me. And He never has. And I ain't easy all of the time. I do not take "being kept by Him" lightly. I pray to be worthy of being His daughter and I thank Him for His patience.
On page 17 and 18 Ann speaks of "grace". I never truly understood what that was. Last year my husband and I were thrust into a situation that I thought required maturity. Instead, God placed us in a state of grace to endure life and loss and not destroy His work. I understood and grew tremendously. I also realize it was a choice to do so. We could only have survived the pain with His grace and with the support of each other. I hope I chose grace at other times in my life. Sometimes I think God makes sure we choose the right thing. I am not that "smaht"!
A good friend recently sent me this encouragement..."Live today like you are His most favorite daughter... because you are." I think of that often. I like being His!!
Blessings to all of you.
I choose His grace today,
Marylou Mansfield
No comments:
Post a Comment