Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pondering Chapter 1


I think I’ll start by just listing the things that got the biggest heart or exclamation point in the margin ~

          !  p.16 ~ We don’t see the material world for what it is meant to be:  as the means to communion God.  *Which I kind of mind-meshed to my constant quest for the Love part/God part…when situations cause discomfort…or I’m at a loss (often)…I try to find the God/Love part and get to that place…step into that part.  Generally easier said than done, of course.

          ! p.20 ~ towards the bottom of that page when AV quotes her brother-in-law – “If it were up to me…I’d write this story differently.”  I can so relate to that feeling…I am trying (AGAIN) to accept that when I feel that way it is because I am (AGAIN) failing to trust God who is LOVE. That trust problem is always biting me. The conversation continues on the bottom of p21 and again my difficulties with trust are glaring…”accepting there are things we simply don’t understand. But He does.” And for that I am thankful and there are moments when I accept the mystery…those moments are always beauty and often fleeting.

          ! still bottom of p.21 “We can choose.”  I try try try to remind myself that I can always choose my part…and ultimately it comes down to Love or the bad stuff.  When I can distill the choice to that very basic one….it isn’t a difficult choice. 

          ! bottom of p.22 – just seeing the word gratitude is always a good reminder…count my blessings and in all things be thankful…
And for this opportunity, I am very thankful! 

1 comment:

Marylou Mansfield said...

Traci, first of all thanks to you and Nan for birthing this wonderful opportunity. I have been hungry for this.
I think just trying to keep a grateful heart will change my days and my attitude.I am happy to not be alone enjoying the mystery! I love seeing Him in my miracles and my no traffic left turns, Really.
In Him.
Marylou