Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sanctuary of time

So, I'm still thinking, reading Chapter 4 ~ a Sanctuary of Time...Sanctuary is one of my favorite words...I almost instantly hear the song...Lord, prepare me...which I love.  Time...not always my friend.  I have been often remembering Life is not an emergency...That in Christ, the most urgent necessitates a slow and steady reverance...full attention slows the current. (bolded =  quoted from AV chapt.4) 

I've learned over time that it takes herculean effort for me to manage 'full attention' to anything...my mind is always on spin cycle.  Always.  Knowing this means that I can keep practicing being mindful - present in the moment...it is one of my daily prayers. Part of this is probably just genetics and is hard wired...and I've come to realize it is exacerbated by my trust issues...if I am moving fast and keeping ahead of things (HA!) then I might have some control - again HA!  

I have been reading Philippians 4 most days for nearly a year...I read somewhere that it is God's advice for mental health....and it certainly feels like that for me.  Hurry makes us hurt.  Again, truth.  I'm also thinking that avoiding hurry doesn't mean one must move slowly necessarily...just intentionally.  Choose not to react or rush...taking a deep breath is always a good thing.  Going to try to move to Chapt. 5 soon...savoring all.

No comments: