Friday, July 15, 2011

I thought that was a Catholic thing....

Eucharist.  I've always thought that was a Catholic thing and had something to do with the unwelcoming table Lisa mentioned.  I could write a lot about my experiences with that table, but it isn't kind, productive or anything good...so, 'nough said.  Back to the Eucharist idea and Ann's words...again love!  I was most happy to weave the word and the concept into my faith and am willing to concede that perhaps it is a shared thread: I'd like to think so.  

The words that I most connected to in this chapter are found on pages 34 and 36:  "Penetrating the mystery is like discovering galaxies; there is always more."  and  restated, "The mystery always contains more mysteries."  This is perhaps one of the things that holds my faith together sometimes.  There is always more and it is always bigger than I can fathom.  That became the reality of my faith after Disciple...until that happened...my faith was kind of containable, for lack a better word...during Disciple, I learned to embrace the mystery...and to understand that I am never going to really understand how big God's love is...AND I am going to keep seeking Him forever...
one a-ha leads to another and another....and I will find things I do not like or understand and that is ok...I believe Jesus is who He said he was and I am so thankful. 


I love how the words all fit together  - eucharisteo - Charis, Eucharisteo, Chara... - Grace, Thanksgiving and Joy...and I am loving reading this blog...Grace to all!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

My sister and I "Enter the Mystery" when we don't understand the forces in our life ...perhaps another common thread?

This is where I admit half of my spiritual practice for the last many years has been borrowed from HER reading of the Tao. Other half involves Catholic funerals, weddings and baptisms. And while I was always intimidated by their rules,(and in particular, that UN-welcoming table)I was also strangely attracted to the CERTAINTY of those rules.

My book came today, I will seek out the words eucharisteo - Charis, Eucharisteo, Chara... - Grace, Thanksgiving and Joy! But can someone tell me what Disciple with a capital D is?

traci said...

Life is often a mystery. I understand about the certainty of rules...it isn't what I've ever been attracted to (except in times of fear)....rules make we want to be a rebel...and I'm not really a rebel. Rules also narrow possibility and I'm all about possibility...so, I try to focus on the beauty in the mystery and seeking. I think we all have to find the way to God that works best for us and practice our faith well...with great love and trust ...one's chosen path can't really be negated by someone else's faithful path - and when it comes to God....common threats are everywhere...people in general seem to focus on differences more often - which is fine if it is a celebratory appreciation for diversity :) Thinking out loud here...Enjoy the journey!!

traci said...

threaDs - although threats may be true as well, I suppose...wonder if I will ever post without a typo...?