Sunday, July 10, 2011

Without further procrastination..

I read one thousand gifts and instantly began rereading.  I rarely (very rarely) reread a book...I have never instantly started over.  I am always reading at least 3 books - not counting the Bible which I am always reading...so really, I am always reading at least 4 books.  I always have at least 1 list of books I want to read and books I intend to read next...this book however, grabbed me and said, "You must absorb this, practice this and learn to live it."  I have been listening to God when he speaks to me for quite a long time and I continuously work on my ability to "be still and know." All growth in this area is thanks to my close relationship with yarn and knitting needles.

I love Ann's writing:  it is deep and rich and reverberates in my heart and mind. Her phrases fall into the phrasing of my soul.  This book touched my heart in a profound way. I love books. I enjoy books; however, the  profound soul touching thing is not common.  The point being...this book is not ordinary.  It feels more powerful that I've found typical and I have been blessed.  I am anxious to study with other God seeking women.  

As I'm typing I'm wondering if we might want to introduce ourselves to each other somehow and give everyone a chance to read the first chapter while we get to know each other??  Thoughts....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spitting part is from finding something soe incredibly funny you may just spit your coffee out (I know, what a waste).

The rest is to be open to whatever new adventure God may have planned for each of us through the study of His word and other written works.

May God bless each and every one of us who embarks on this journey in His name and for His ultimate glory!

Marylou Mansfield said...

Hey, there,
I am sending for the book today...will catch up with you all. Looking forward very much to getting to know you.
Blessings,
Marylou

MamiLisa said...

not sure what I keep doing wrong to post things :(

MamiLisa said...

Oh yea, it works now, will go reread chapter for true comments now!

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Hi-
I'm Elaine. Traci and I have been friends since college days at KSU. (I prefer to remain a little vague about exactly HOW long ago that was :)

I had some pretty marginal experiences with organized religion in my formative years. In an effort to not be at home on Sunday mornings I started to walk to the nearby Lutheran Church for Sunday school when I was about 10. A few years later I managed to wander in the other direction and ended up at the Brown Street Baptist Church where I was frightened to salvation,fire and brimstone at my heels . Next stop was a Pentecostal congregation where I had my first true encounter with hypocrisy at a difficult time in my life. Net result was a decades long aversion to organized religion.

In recent years I've struggled to reconnect with my faith, with varying degrees of "success". Traci has been one of my lights along the way--not so much through any overt action, but through the evidence of the peace in her life. So thanks for giving me this opportunity to join a community of seekers, I'm looking forward to the journey.

traci said...

That is indeed a God thing, Elaine...peace through my craziness...light? God is amazing...and I am thankful for our friendship of a vague and uncounted duration ;) peace and love. hope you enjoy the book...

Elaine said...

Just caught up with posts..thank you all for sharing! I am hoping my book will arrive today...I feel like I need to catch up, in more ways than one.

Spirituality has always been part of my life, but this immersion in the chapter and verse of Christ's words is a lot like opening a closet that has been locked for many years and finding the clothes that I once loved. Somehow I still recognize them--the fabric, the texture, the scent perhaps? But they are also utterly foreign to me at the same time. And now I need to see how they fit? It makes me think of the verse..when I was a child, I spoke as a child... (I once knew a great deal of scripture, it has sadly been in that closet for many years)

Thank you again for opening up your hearts.

traci said...

Take your time...I'm so glad you are enjoying and hope your book arrives!! Isn't it interesting how the closet is so familiar?? It is a God thing that He stays with us whether we stay with Him or not...There's no catching up necessary...just join in the journey...glad to be traveling with you ~ peace!